Hello Lovely Readers! And welcome to my Week 6 Update.
1. TV Shows (No completions)
- Supernatural – I finished watching season 1 this week. I’m not going to comment on my thoughts here, because I am thinking of starting to writing posts about my thoughts on shows at the end of each season. So stay tuned!
- Dexter – I finished watching season 1 of this show this week, and will share more of my thoughts in a season 1 thoughts post in the upcoming weeks.
- Chuck – I am not yet at the end season 1 for Chuck, but this second set of episodes has left me more positive about the show, and I am enjoying it more with each episode.
- Golden Girls – As is the theme for this week, I finished watching season 1 of Golden Girls. I will attempt to write a post about my thoughts on the first season for this one as well.
2. Children’s Reads (#3)
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This was a re-read of a book that I really love. This is not one that I read as a child, and though I have known the story through the movie, I only read it for the first time in University. I really enjoy the writing of this story (and obviously the story itself). One of my favourite things about this story is the vivid description and the way the author is able to capture the process and the feel of spring and of a growing garden and the way that it parallels the development of two cranky and spoiled children who learn how to smile and do things for themselves.
Genre: Children’s Fiction Verdict: Highly Recommend.
3. Video Games (#1)
- Paradise Bay (Ipad) – I started playing this on Saturday, and I am currently hooked on it. I know in a lot of ways it’s not a typical “video game” but I really like simulation games, and so I’m counting it. Even though this one is similar to games such as Farmville, it has enough of a twist, and a small story line to keep it interesting and keep it moving along. It also has the cutest little island animals that can help you out with your tasks.
4. Unique Meals (#2)
- Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Bowl
5. Impulse Movies (#1)
- Rewatch: Star Trek: Into Darkness.
I think that is all for this week. I know I have mentioned this before, but I am thinking of ways that I can switch this post up a bit and make it unique. I considered switching to a monthly update, but I find that this weekly setup helps keep me motivated, so I don’t think that’s the best option. But I might start just listing some items (such as books and movies) and making separate posts throughout the week to talk about them in more detail. Thoughts? I’d love to hear them down in the comments!
Join me next week. Same place. Same time.