Hello Lovely Readers! And welcome to my Week 4 Update. Can you believe we’re already at Week 4? I certainly can’t. It always amazes me how the weeks can go by so quickly and so slowly at the same time. Wibbley Wobbley, Timey Wimey. At least that’s what I’m going with.
I have a little additional update for this week that’s related to ProjectTwentyNine, but not something that will be included in any of the following categories. This week was the 2 year anniversary of me blogging here, and it just so happened that I have been working on clarifying the focus for my blog and the direction I want to take for the next year. I have many new ideas I have been thinking about this week, so stay tuned for a more detailed update and a few changes coming in the next few months. Don’t worry, though, I’m not talking about a complete overhaul here! Anyways, to the update!
1. TV Shows (No completions)
This week I finished the allotted shows and episodes I set for this month (yay for being right on schedule!). My next allotment technically does not start until August 12th, so I am now trying to catch up on reading, but I might end up starting next months shows a bit early.
- Continuation: Gilmore Girls. This week I finished watching Season 1 Episodes 9-13, which completed the set # I had laid out for the month. Can I just say that watching Gilmore Girls, especially the first couple seasons, always makes me want to eat junk food. All the time. It was good that I finished my allotted episodes early in the week because I am trying to get a hold of my junk food eating (which has got a bit out of control while travelling and living in London).
- Continuation: Cheers. I only had a few more episodes to watch this week to complete the allotment for the month. I watched Season 1 episodes 19-22, which also concluded Season 1. I really do enjoy this show.
- New Show: This week I started watching New Girl, which is almost completely a new watch for me. I did start watching the show when it first started, but only managed to watch a few episodes because the night really didn’t work for me, and we did not yet have a PVR and what not. I actually went over my allotted number of episodes for the month, I am enjoying it that much. I watched Season 1 episodes 1 – 18. Have I mentioned that I love the Deschanel sisters?
2. Impulse Reads (#2)
- Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz. As much as this is in the “Impulse Reads” category, this book has been on my personal reading list for a few months. I enjoyed this book, and I would like to read more books from this author, but at the same time, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a “page turner,” because I didn’t have any trouble putting it down after reading sessions. If you want to read a little bit of a longer excerpt about this book, come visit me on Goodreads here.
Genre: Adult Mystery Fiction. Verdict: Recommend.
3. Childhood Movies (#1 and #2)
I managed to watch both of the Childhood movies I set out for myself to watch this month. Which is more than I can say about my regular moving watching list…
- Disney’s 101 Dalmations. Just for clarification, I watched the cartoon version of this, not the real life version, though both are good. I tend to forget how much I like this movie in between watches, and my favourite part is definitely when Roger first writes the Cruella DeVil song. This movie also has an opening credit sequence that I love to watch. Spots all around!
- Disney’s Aladdin. This is one of my Top 5 favourite Disney movies (I think. Top 10 for sure). I have not watched it as much recently as I used to (yes. I frequently re-watch movies that I like), because we somehow misplaced the DVD and are waiting for it to be re-released. While in London, however, I discovered that this is available on Netflix. Yay! Despite having watched Aladdin close to a million times, I found the part at the end where Aladdin tells Genie he is going to miss him, super-duper sad. It just has such a different subtext now.
4. Video Games (No completions)
- Final Fantasy Record Keeper (For Ipad). I haven’t played enough of this to actually count it on my video game list yet, but I thought I would mention that I started playing it. I haven’t even really played enough to comment on whether I like it or not, so stay tuned for more information in the next few weeks (probably).
5. Drinks (#1)
I still haven’t completely decided what types of drinks can be included in this section, but for the moment I’m going with “Hot Drinks,” with a focus on tea.
- Twinings Vanilla Chai Latte. This is one of the new teas I got last week during my Twinings adventure, and it is so yummy. It would be even better if I had a foaming device for my milk, but it is still yummy with just regular milk.
I think that is all for this week. I’d love to hear what you are thinking of these updates and if you have any suggestions for future weeks.
Join me next week. Same place. Same time. I