Hello Lovely Readers! And welcome to my Week 3 Update.
Overall this was a pretty low key week, but I watched a lot of television, read a bit, started a knitting project, and just generally did life in London. I didn’t really go on any adventures, though I did go on a walk in the City of London, which included a stop at Twinings. I did vlog this adventure, but since I didn’t go on any other adventures, I’m not sure I have enough footage for an actual vlog. Anyways, rambling over, onto the list!
1. TV Shows (No completions)
- Continuation: Supernatural. As I mentioned in my previous update post, by the time that went live I had finished watching my allotment for the month, and I watched episodes 9-11. So far I’m enjoying watching this show, though all the episodes I’ve watched recently I’ve seen before.
- New Show: This week I started watching Golden Girls. I watched episodes 1 – 12 of Season 1, which completed the allotment set for this month. This show is mostly a new watch, but like Supernatural, that’s a complicated statement. I first watched it with my Grandma when I was little, though not in any order, or with any real recollection of the substance of episodes. Anyways – enjoying it so far.
- New Show: This week I started watching Boy Meets World. I watched episodes 1 – 14 of season 1, which completed the allotment set for the month. Now obviously I watched this show when it was initially on, but it was sporadic and inconsistent. Now I am enjoying watching it in order, all the way through. This really is a fantastic show.
- New Show: This week I started watching Gilmore Girls. This is mostly a re-watch, though again, only partially. I’ve seen the first few seasons all the way through, and then the rest of the seasons I’ve seen sporadic episodes.
- New Show: This week I started watching Cheers. Because this seems to be the theme for this week, I’ll state that Cheers is mostly a new watch, but I used to watch it with my Dad, so I am familiar with the show and have vague remembrance of the episodes. And I love the theme song.
5. New Reads (#2 )
- Emma by Jane Austen – Prior to starting this book, I already new the story from watching the YouTube adaptation series Emma Approved (which is really good and I highly recommend you check it out). In some ways I feel that in this case that made the read more difficult. I really like Mr Knightley, and there are parts of the story I enjoyed, but Emma is definitely not my favourite Austen book. Even though I know that it is the point, Emma really got on my nerves, and I think that was enhanced since I knew what was coming and how badly she was misjudging situations.
Genre: Adult Fiction/Romance. Verdict: Don’t start with this one. Or, if you’re having a difficult time with it (and I never say this), watch the YouTube adaptation.
- Is Everyone Hanging out without Me (And other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. When I first started reading this, I thought that I was really going to enjoy it. I liked the style of the introduction/first few pages, and I thought that it had good voice and good flow. But as I continued reading, I found myself getting more and more frustrated. It kept the good flow and voice throughout, but I was constantly wondering what her point was and where she was going with her points. Turns out she was never going anywhere with it. All her stories just stood alone, with very little tying them together. By the time I finished reading this book, I was even reconsidering my decision to watch The Mindy Project this year. I know they’re not connected, but I was that annoyed with the book.
Genre: Autobiography. Verdict: Don’t Recommend.
7. Impulse Reads (#1)
- Nightmares! By Jason Segel and Kristen Miller. (Audiobook – narrated by Jason Segel). This was another book that I stumbled upon while browsing the shelves of the elibrary, and I really enjoyed it. It took me awhile to get through, but that’s only because I wasn’t really listening to books for a bit. I really enjoyed the way the book explored topics of nightmares and fear.
Genre: Children’s Fiction. Verdict: Recommended.
14. Unique Meals (#1)
- Fajitas – No, it’s not an overly exciting meal, but it is more of a “meal” than some of the other ones I’ve made lately, so I’m going to count it.
I think that is all for this week. Join me next week. Same place. Same time.